We’ve tried to make using and searching Galiloxia Health as simple and efficient as possible – and we’ll keep refining the features and processes as we find better ways to help you get maximum benefit from the site. Please check the following FAQs for possible answers to your queries. If you don’t find the answer here, or have a site-related suggestion that you’d like us to consider, please send us a mail via Contact us form
• What is Galiloxia Health ?
Galiloxia Health is a goldmine of good health information containing outstanding database of health articles and reference materials. Consumers and health professionals alike can depend on it for information that is authoritative and up-to-date.
Galiloxia Health has extensive information from trusted sources on over 4,000 topics including diseases, tests, symptoms, injuries, surgeries, nutrition, poisons, and special topics. There is also focus on family and community health. Galiloxia Health is updated daily and can be bookmarked at the URL: http://www.galiloxia.com
Please visit our About Us section to learn more.
I’m seeking personal medical advice or online consultation. Can you help me?
Unfortunately, we can’t. If you are in need of immediate medical attention, call your doctor.
The information provided on Galiloxia Health is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for a specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. If you are experiencing any potential symptoms, we urge you to contact a local healthcare provider as soon as possible.
Please read our Terms and Conditions of Use for our site.
• What is the breadth and depth of health information covered here?
Galiloxia Health has following databases containing health information. Based on what you’re looking for, you can find information in the specific areas.
• Medical Encyclopedia – Extensive information on over 4000 topics arranged in an A-Z order covering diseases, symptoms, tests, surgery, injuries, nutrition, medications, and poisons.
• Disease & Conditions – Extensive information on more than 1600 diseases, conditions, illnesses, and disorders. Covers causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.
• Medical Symptoms – Covers over 300 specific symptoms, such as abdominal pain, headaches, or heart palpitations, to allow users to search topics by what they are experiencing.
• Injuries & Wounds – Profiles more than 60 common injuries from animal bites to whiplash. Educates about causes, signs of an emergency, symptoms, first aid, prevention, and treatment.
• Diet & Nutrition – Explore topics ranging from vitamins and minerals, to additives in food, school lunches, vegetarianism, and more. Provides overview, dosage recommendations, side effects and food sources.
• Medical Tests & Exams – Over 600 topics that cover everything from an abdominal CT scan to X-rays. Includes indications, preparation, risks, expectations, normal and abnormal values, and result evaluation.
• Surgery & Procedures – Provides detailed patient guides on 100 common surgeries from gastrointestinal conditions to plastic surgery. Includes indications, risks, expectations after surgery, and recovery.
• Special Topics – Explore more than 500 topics ranging from exercise, to smoking cessation, to travel tips.
• Poisons & Overdoses – Information on over 300 poisoning and overdosing topics, ranging from acetaminophen, to brown recluse spider, to window cleaners.
• Health News – Find the latest news and research in the field of medicine and health.
• Alternative Medicine – Seek complementary and alternative medicine information sorted by disease or condition such as cancer, depression, pain, and more, or by treatment or therapy such as acupuncture, dietary supplements, herbs, and more.
• Directories & Links – Peruse links to other health and medical Web sites on the internet, organized by category.
From where does Galiloxia Health get its health and medical content?
Galiloxia Health partners with the best, most credible companies in the health-care industry to provide its users with current, comprehensive, and up-to-date information. Please see our Content Partners page for details.
What’s the best way to search for health information on a particular health topic? What if I can’t find what I am looking for?
If you know what you’re looking for, the fastest way to find something is to search for it. You’ll see a search box at the top on every page; just enter the keywords, like “Diabetes” in the box and hit the “Enter” key or the “Go” button to the right of the “Search” box. If you get too many results, narrow your search by adding more specific keywords, such as “Diabetes Diet”.